Last updated 16 July 2018
The Digital Continuity 2020 Policy requires:
- all Australian Government agencies to report annually to the National Archives on their digital information management capabilities and practices; and
- the National Archives to report annually to Government on progress towards achieving digital continuity.
The Independent Review of whole-of-government Internal Regulation (Belcher Red Tape Review) recommended (Recommendation 18.1) that the National Archives publish its annual reports to Government as part of the digital continuity policy
The reports to Government, based on agencies’ responses to the surveys undertaken by National Archives, identify achievements in information management capability and performance, as well as areas for improvement.
The National Archives will continue to report annually to its Portfolio Minister until 2021, and to the Prime Minister in 2018, on progress towards digital continuity and will publish these reports online.
- 2018 Check-up PLUS Whole of Government Report (pdf, 2232KB) – de-identified report of analysis of responses to the 2018 Check-up PLUS survey.
- 2017 Digital Continuity Snapshot (pdf, 201KB) – snapshot of progress towards digital information management continuity in the Australian Government.
- Check-up Digital 2016 (PDF, 1318KB) – de-identified report of analysis of responses to Check-up Digital 2016.
- Implementation of Digital Continuity in the Australian Government, August 2016 – first annual report to Portfolio Minister on progress towards digital continuity in the Australian Government. The report is based on Check-up Digital 2015 and 2016 survey of information and records management practices in the Australian Government.
- Information and Records Management Practices in Australian Government Agencies 2016 (PDF, 1110KB) – de-identified report of analysis of responses to the 2016 survey of Australian Government records and information management practices.
- Check-up Digital 2015 (PDF, 319KB) – de-identified report of analysis of responses to Check-up Digital 2015.